Over the years, APL has excelled in manufacturing of single/multi component metal halides. In order to support this excellence in our manufacturing processes, a state –of- the art , ISO certified analytical laboratory is available on site for testing the synthesized materials at APL. This enables us to maintain our robust quality program ,as well as allows us to meet the expectations of the most demanding customer.
We are constantly developing and validating new analytical procedures , as applicable to metal halides for various applications. Our analytical laboratory also serves as a space for supporting contract manufacturing operations. The technicians at APL are also trained to operate equipment at the prestigious University of Illinois , Urbana, IL in case of special analyses. Please contact us if you require analysis of inorganic materials or compounds. We have the following instruments on site:
Trace metal impurities
Trace metal impurities
Cs, Rb major
pH of solutions
Particle size analyzer
Laser diffraction particle size analyzer
Mass loss upon heating, phase transitions
Karl Fisher titration
Additional Capabilities at APL
|Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy||Characteristic vibrational modes|
|Potentiometric titration||Cl-, Br-, I- (major)|
|BET surface area||Surface area and pore size distribution|
|UV visible spectroscopy||Absorption of solutions|
|Fluorescence spectrometer||Excitation / emission spectrum|
Routinely used equipment at University
- X-ray diffraction (single-crystal / powder)
- Scanning/transmission electron microscopy
- Cross-sectional polishing with electron beam
Moisture sensitive products such as many metal halides require specialized packaging.
APLs master glassblower & apprentices work closely with engineering, research & development to design, manufacture and repair proprietary vessels which not only meet our production requirements but also are used by our customers in circumstances that require limited material handling. In such cases, APL aids in design and manufacturing of special ampoules that can be used as-is after and during product transport.
- APL maintains a 120,000 sq. ft. state -of –the- art production & packaging facility that is operated by our experienced team of production technicians, engineers, and research and development team. It enables us to isolate your process to a specific area, with strict limited access.
- Our scientists and chemists have successfully completed custom manufacturing projects using the stage -gate philosophy. Our on -site project managers ensure the timely conclusion of your projects. As specialty chemical manufacturers we understand the importance of your IP / bench top research and take it upon ourselves to realize it into a full scale production process, whatever it may take.
- Our analytical department ensures the quality of our raw materials and finished products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the beads crystalline?
The beads we currently offer are polycrystalline
Why do the beads have low moisture content?
Moisture is scrubbed out during our processes. Beads have low surface area
What is the size of the beads?
Typically, our beads are -10 mesh.
How are anhydrous beads made?
We make out anhydrous beads by starting with our raw materials, which we convert into halide hydrates. The halide hydrates are then treated with reactive gasses to remove moisture, melted and converted to anhydrous beads. All handling of our beads are under inert gas.
Are Co-doping/ternary compositions possible?
What are the advantages of beads?
There are several advantages. Some key points are:
- High purity, 99.99% to 99.999%
- Low water content <20ppm
- Low oxygen content
- Ease of handling
- Co-Doped beads
- Free flowing